When I read all the reviews about the new Optolong L-eXtreme filter, every single one said that I had to try the Veil Nebula. It’s getting late in the season for this massive hyrodgen & oxygen rich part of the sky… but I couldn’t pass up my first light night and gave it a shot before it hit the tree line.
Again… WOW. I’ve shot the Veil before, both with my 8″ SCT and the Redcat51 250mm I used for this before. But this is the first time I’ve ever been able to capture the faint middle part between the east & western parts of the nebula. The oxygen greens pop and blend & twirl naturally with the red hydrogen.
- Imaging telescopes or lenses: William Optics RedCat 51
- Imaging cameras: ZWO ASI 294MC PRO
- Mounts: Celestron AVX
- Guiding telescopes or lenses: Orion 50mm Guidescope
- Guiding cameras: Orion Starshoot Autoguider
- Filters: Optolong L-eXtreme 2″
- Dates: Nov. 14, 2020
- Frames: 20×300″
- Integration: 1.7 hours
- Avg. Moon age: 28.69 days
- Avg. Moon phase: 0.80%