I started last night’s widefield session with the Heart Nebula… a favourite of my neice who has asked for a new canvas for Christmas. With nearly 2.5 hours of data using the new Optolong L-Extreme 2″ filter, I think I’ve definitely improved over my last imaging session!
The Heart Nebula is an emission type nebula, with the core stars irradiating and illuminating the hydrogen that this new filter likes to soak in.
- Imaging telescopes or lenses: William Optics RedCat 51
- Imaging cameras: ZWO ASI 294MC PRO
- Mounts: Celestron AVX
- Guiding telescopes or lenses: Orion 50mm Guidescope
- Guiding cameras: Orion Starshoot Autoguider
- Focal reducers: Celestron Reducer, 0.63x
- Filters: Optolong L-eXtreme 2″
- Dates:Nov. 14, 2020
- Frames: 30×300″
- Integration: 2.5 hours
- Avg. Moon age: 28.69 days
- Avg. Moon phase: 0.80%