First light with the new Optolong L-eXtreme Pro 2″ filter last night, coupled with my RedCat51 250mm telescope. It was a clear, cool night with low humidity and above average seeing conditions… perfect to play catch up and give this toy a whirl.
Wow. I can’t believe the detail and contrast I got on the 3 objects I captured last night… the Heart, Veil & Rosette Nebulas. The filter does exactly as advertised – tone down the stars and bring up the background hydrogen and oxygen.
This 75 minutes of data (15 x 5 minutes) of the Rosette Nebula in Orion blows away anything I’ve been able to do before. Can’t wait to get the RASA on this sometime this winter.
- Imaging telescopes or lenses: William Optics RedCat 51
- Imaging cameras: ZWO ASI 294MC PRO
- Mounts: Celestron AVX
- Guiding telescopes or lenses: Orion 50mm Guidescope
- Guiding cameras: Orion Starshoot Autoguider
- Filters: Optolong L-eXtreme 2″
- Dates:Nov. 14, 2020
- Frames: 15×300″
- Integration: 1.2 hours
- Avg. Moon age: 28.69 days
- Avg. Moon phase: 0.80%