Orion StarShoot AutoGuider & 50mm Guide Scope
I picked the autoguider & guidescope when I upgraded to the 8″ Schmidt Cassegrain telescope (SCT) in 2017. Guiding is essential for any long exposure photography, even more so with a longer focal length scope.
Although it’s served me well over the past 3 years, I plan on moving to off axis guiding sometime in 2020.
- Imaging sensor – Micron MT9M001
- Imaging sensor size – 6.66mm x 5.32mm
- Pixel array – 1280 x 1024 (1,310,720 total)
- Pixel size – 5.2 x 5.2
- Imaging Chip – Monochrome
- Video frame rate – 15 frames/second at full resolution
- Exposure range – 0.05 second to 10 second
- Backfocus distance (from T-threads) – 15mm
- Weight – 4 oz